CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Paintball Warriors

We had a great weekend - we actually had all three of the kids together! Miracles do happen:)
We enjoyed going to the car show at the Cardinal Stadium (I have a hard time calling it the University of Phoenix Stadium) and seeing some awesome cars. I love the old muscle cars - Camaro's and Chevelle's - anything that looks like it can purrrr and go fast!!!! My rowdy side is showing! We also had a great time taking them and a couple of their friends to go play paintball. I love watching them on the field planning their strategy for attack. (I'm too chicken to play - I'm not into pain) . They did receive a few painful shots to the neck and arms but they survived. It was just great seeing them have a wonderful time and enjoying the sunshine. I loved it.

Route 66 - reading through the Bible in 2008 has been great. It's so encouraging seeing how the old testament characters didn't always have their "act" together - they were a pretty messed up bunch at times. But, I especially love seeing God's responses to them and how he showed them his love even when they didn't deserve it. Although at times it reminded me of God's holiness and setting standards that we need to live by because there are consequences to our actions.

I'm looking forward to starting our next women's Bible study. We are shooting for February 18th. We will be doing the Breaking Free/Beth Moore study. I can't wait! I have been reading the book - I'm almost done - and it has been challenging, refreshing, and soul-searching book to be sure. Beth herself has started this same study with a group of women in New Orleans this month. I'm excited we can get up under her "umbrella" of prayer! I can't wait to see how God works and reveals himself to us so that we can become more like him. It should be another great ride closer to glory!

1 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like great family time!

I'm enjoying the Route 66, as well! It's amazing how much we can learn from the examples from the old testament. No matter how many times we've read the stories before...something new reaches out and grabs you.