CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

SPECTACULAR

God is spectacular! He has shown me in so many ways how faithful He is and has been throughout history. I praise him for that! I am so very grateful for the verse He gave me a couple weeks ago in Psalms.

It is Psalms 102;17 For the Lord shall build up Zion; He shall appear in His glory. He shall respond to the prayer of the destitute; And shall not despise their prayer. At the time, I thought He was giving me a word regarding a prayer about finances. I was praising Him for being a "responsive" God. A God of action.

What made this verse so unusual was the circumstance that I came across it. My church is reading through the Bible this year and it was approximately around Feb. 11 when I was doing my reading for the day and I skipped over to May 1st. What made me go to May 1st - mmmmm - you tell me as I had no plans on doing that!

Well, on May 1st I decided to read just the Psalms portion of the scripture reading for that day and as I was reading through the chapter this verse was impressed upon my heart. I was so thankful at the time for it I kept reading it over and over again.

Now fast forward to February 22. I was doing my homework from my Breaking Free Women's Bible Study class and on day 5 of the homework right smack down on the second page of day 5 was you guessed it - Psalms 102:17.

My heart went to racing! Okay, Lord I know there is a reason this verse keeps "popping" up in my life. This time I started studying the word destitute. We often relate destitute just in the financial realm but God was showing me spiritual destitution. Being broken, naked before God, helpless before Him, recognizing His holiness, His majesty, His greatness, His power, His justice and recognizing my unworthiness is what He was wanting me to see. Powerful moment and yet a wonderful moment to be in His presence and be flat out, no holds barred - completely honest before Him. I treasure moments like those. They are more valuable to me than I can express. Our God is spectacular!

1 comments:

Susie said...

I love those moments when you clearly know...it's a God thing! Again, thanks for sharing because it blessed my heart, as well!