CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

GOD IS MY ROCK

Yahweh Tsuri - The Lord my Rock. During all the uncertainty in our day, I'm very grateful that God is my rock. He provides my shade, my shelter, my safety. In the "old" days rocks were used to construct altars, temples, houses, and city walls. Heaps of rocks were also used to mark important events in Israel's history. God's commandments were etched on rock. He is faithful!

Psalm 144:1-2,7-10
Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer.
Reach down your hand from on high, deliver me and rescue me from the mighty waters, from the hands of foreigners, whose mouths are full of lies whose right hands are deceitful.
I will sing a new song to you, O God; on the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to you, to the One who gives victory to kings, who delivers his servant David from the deadly sword.

I Samuel 22:2-4
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior from violent men who save me.
I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.

0 comments: