CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

OBEY

Jeff Bridges certainly got my attention today when I was doing some reading in the book, Walking in the Spirit, regarding how our choices may drain our spiritual reservoir. WARNING: Your heart might get pricked.
**********************************************************
It is time for us Christians to face up to our responsibility for holiness. Too often we say we are "defeated" by this or that sin. No, we are not defeated; we are simply disobedient! It might be well if we stopped using the terms "victory" and "defeat" to describe our progress. Rather we should use the the terms "obedience" and "disobedience." When I say I am defeated by something, I am unconsciously slipping out from under my responsibility. I am saying something outside of me has defeated me. But when I say I am disobedient that places the responsibility for my sin squarely on me. We may, in fact, be defeated, but the reason we are defeated is because we have chosen to disobey. We have chosen to entertain lustful thoughts, or harbor resentment, or shade the truth a little."

Get out of spiritual poverty - choose to "OBEY" Christ!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Wow...that's the bold truth! Thanks for sharing the insight!

BTW - Sorry I've been out of touch...hope to visit your blog more frequently!!

Blessings!

Kathleen said...

A compelling truth: obey. So simple, yet so easy to marginalize in favor of something that seems right at the time. I can't help but think of Jesus' words just before He tells us that truth sets us free (John 8:32) when, in verse 31, He also says that the receiving of truth as well as the desired freedom is conditional; predicated on our obedience (to Him).

Oh how I love the deep and lovely ways of God, as well as the reminders spoken (even "e-spoken") by His daughters.

Kathleen Flanagan

Dionna said...

That's powerful. I didn't realize that Jeff Bridges was a believer.