CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Truths

If you haven't been doing the No Other Gods study this summer with Beth Moore, you have been missing out on a good one! I would encourage you to jump in. It's not too late! It's been a lot of fun not only studying the Word but also being encouraged to try "new" recipes and expanding our culinary skills! Watch out Bobbie Flay we might have a throw down! I tried Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti for the first time last night - three thumbs up from the kids, a lukewarm thumbs up from my husband - he was okay with it as long as it was drenched in salsa.

One of the great revelations or "ah-hah" moments so far from the study was on page 62of our workbook when it states, talking about Genesis 3, Satan spoke a lot of true things, yet none of it was THE truth. He still does that today doesn't he? He's still able to confuse us with partial truths or a little truth but not the complete picture. That's why it is so vital to know the Word, study the Word, and memorize the Word - I'm preaching to myself! How many of us know a person or persons who have been led into a different religion or have accepted even some of the culturally acceptable truths of spirituality so readily?

Okay shifting gears, this spoke to me so I thought I would share it with you.

This comes from the Streams in the Desert book, “Genuine faith puts its letter in the mailbox and lets go. Distrust, however, holds on to a corner of the envelope and then wonders why the answer never arrives.”

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how people can live there lives not telling the truth, and yet they do. Sheeps in wolves clothing. Good thng it is said the truth shall set us free.

John.D