CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Birds are flying out of the Nest

As a momma bird, I am having a bit of a challenge adjusting to the birds flying more frequently out of the nest! I love it and I hate it all at the same time. Is that even possible?

My youngest, is leaving on a trip to Florida today without me. Can you believe that and WHY she would even contemplate such a trip without her mother, I ask in jest?

Actually, I am excited for her! Go Brittany - go, go, go! Somehow that Go Speed Racer tune pops into my head - random I know! What an adventure of fun, relaxation, and a beach loving time! Oh, did I mention watching a NASA shuttle liftoff?

The other, middle child-I know if she reads this her eyes will be rolling around in circles-is looking for work. It's been interesting watching her and a few friends doing the "job hunting" scene. They've been quite diligent at it and putting in a "ton" of applications. Okay, well not a "ton" but 4 at last count. She tells me it seems like way more!

My oldest is busy with football weight training and summer school. Trying to get a jump ahead for his senior year. Researching into college and all that involves is such a delight! Found some fabulous web sites to help us out though - I'm so thankful for the internet. What would a parent do without it?

Well, my precious little birds are about ready for full release - not really - but sometimes it seems like it. I am excited but apprehensive about that. Lord, lift them up with wings like eagles!

2 comments:

Derrick Logan said...

Thanks for the comment, Kim! We're very happy with the pics too.

I know we've been parents for all of three weeks, but Kim is already give Jude talks about not having any girlfriends or leaving home. He's stolen our heart!

Kathleen said...

Glad you dropped by my blog for a visit ... I've enjoyed visiting yours from time-to-time as well. This one hit a chord with me as I so vividly recall the exodus of children from my home. It's a bittersweet memory now (and I LOVE it!), but back then ... not so much. I missed them horribly until I realized I'd re-claimed my life, and then discovered that the best is always yet to come.